Probably the most crucial accessory you may need to buy now, as a parent, is an air purifier for your baby. Sure, most of us have a great time choosing the subject for the nursery — the colours, the crib, the most fluffy blankies. However, health-conscious parents realize giving their baby a healthy start in life will probably have benefits that’ll last a lifetime.
While politicians argue about climate change and ecological matters, we all parents can see for ourselves that the air around is getting more and more polluted. Smoke from wildfires, airborne pollutants from cars and industry have made our atmosphere hazardous to breathe in recent years. Even homes that are well-built can cause harmful indoor air as a result of the absence of proper airflow. Parents will need to consider the well-being of their infants and toddlers to get them off into some great, wholesome start in life.
For all those who are already parents, or who are considering exploring the joys of parenthood, Moon River has been doing the search for you. Let us help you pick the best air purifier for your baby’s room.
We’ll discuss our top picks (that may include a product summary, a “pro’s and con’s” comparison graph as a quick reference guide) and also our recommendations that will assist you in finding an air purifier that will work best in the nursery, and in your kid’s room — where it is needed. This is an important conclusion, so we have achieved our very best to get this process as easy as possible for you.
Table of Contents
- First: A Couple of Heath Considerations
- Top 8 Best Air Purifiers For Babies In 2019
- Winix PlasmaWave WA C5300
- Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover
- Vornadobaby Purio Nursery
- Airmega 300S
- AeraMax Baby DB55 Ultra Quiet
- Wynd Air Purifier Plus Bundle
- PureZone E-Lite Ultra-Quiet
- Assessing your Requirements
First: A Couple of Heath Considerations
It’s just a sad reality that our air is getting more and more polluted, which makes it more crucial now than ever that parents provide their children with the best chance for a wholesome life experience. The very best time to make sure your kid will possess strong, healthy lungs is as they are babies. Sterile air at the start will lead to a lifetime of good health for the child, together with little illness and less probability of developing allergies or asthma.
Regardless of how clean your property is, all kinds of nasty pollutants are present in your indoor atmosphere. Dust, mould, pollen, and pet dander, bacteria, off-gassing from furniture and building materials. These man-made and nature-made pollutants can damage your newborn’s immune system. That is the reason why it’s more important than ever find the ideal air purifiers for your babies and toddlers. It’s not something you truly would like to consider on your last couple of weeks before maternity leave, but today, it is important.
Your infant’s healthy lungs will lead to a lifetime of great health. Conversely, the absence of a healthier baby room can result in a lifetime riddled with asthma attacks, inhalers, and allergies pills.
Top 8 Best Air Purifiers For Babies In 2019
Winix’s PlasmaWave Series 5300 is probably one among the most technologically complex components you will find when you’re looking for the ideal air purifiers for your babies. It combines the efficiency of a genuine HEPA filter having a carbon prefilter (to eliminate odours and off-gassing) and PlasmaWave technology to purify each of the harmful pollutants, then eliminate them thoroughly. Think of it being a seek-and-destroy mission to your nursery — or for just about any other room in the house in which you need clean air.
I enjoy this unit particularly since it has an Air-Quality sensor to warn you about airborne pollutants in your infant’s room. Considering all the recent wildfires which have already been happening and large components of the US and Canada, this feature is important as you are dealing with regular regional poisonous air quality alerts.
Obviously, the Winix PlasmaWave works on all pollutants and allergens, filtering out dust, pet dander, pollen, mould (Yuck), bacteria and germs (Double Yuck), and nasty odours. And, needless to say, smoke.
If your baby or toddler has allergies or is prone to respiratory ailments, then you will really appreciate the PlasmaWave technology in the Winix PlasmaWave air purifier unit. The carbon Pre-Filter removes odours, the legitimate HEPA filter captures most of the pollutants from your children’s room (99.97%).
However, the PlasmaWave actually attacks allergens, pollutants, odours, and chemical vapors at a molecular level. The PlasmaWave actually safely breaks apart these airborne contaminants, so they are no longer a dwelling. They have been dead — and when it comes to purified atmosphere, dead is better than filtered and re-circulated air. Why re-circulate pollutants once you’re able to eradicate them completely?
We all wish for the very best quality of air and the most healthy environment for our kids, and we undoubtedly want a clean atmosphere for our newborns. The sterile, breathable atmosphere can mean the difference between a lifetime of asthma and allergies, and a life of health and a strong immune system. The Winix Plasma Wave WA C5300 is costly at $999, but if your child has breathing and wellness difficulties, or you also want to provide your baby with the very best start in life, it’s well worth the purchase cost.
Here’s a fast overview for individuals who just need the stats:
- The Winix 5300 air cleaner measures 14.9 x 7.8 x 23.6 inches and weighs 18 lbs.
- Clean an area up to 350 square feet.
- Removes 99.97% of contaminants within the room, down to 0.3 microns.
- It has a sleep mode setting for silent nighttime operation,
- Functions at a silent 27.8 decibels.
- Energy Star certified. It will remove allergens from the air, such as dust, dust-mite debris, mould spores, pet dander and pollen, and in addition,
- It removes smoke, and toxic chemicals, bacteria, and may also capture most viruses.
- Cleans around 360 sq. ft
- PlasmaWave Technology destroys at a molecular level
- Energy Star score
- 3-stage filtering system
- Air Quality Sensor
- Quite expensive
- Only 1-year guarantee
The Rabbit Air Minus a 2 Ultra Quiet HEPA air cleaner could be the absolute “best of the best” air purifiers for all (both babies and the entire family). It includes a six-phase air purification and deodorizing system and features a BioGS HEPA-filter.
This technical HEPA filter which not only disturbs not quite all of the most popular pollutants and allergens on your own home but in addition features a long shelf-life (significance: less shifting of filters and less cost and worry to you personally) covers up a room to 815 sq. feet, so it will not need to be confined to the nursery or your own kid’s room. Best of all, the machine is intended to stand alone or to be hung in the wall socket! Now, how cool is that?
For a parent with a toddler or little kiddies, this can be absolutely incredible. No more fretting about your own child bumping into a floor system, or yanking the atmosphere purifier off the shelf…or being able to play the machine (note to expectant parents: all toddlers and little kids want to push every button and reverse every switch on a regular basis ).
Here’s just a quick rundown of this filtering system, simply, since it’s indeed notable.
- Pre-filter: Catch large pollutants. It’s washable and simple to replace and remove.
- Moderate filter: Traps airborne contamination larger than one micron (i.e.: mould, pollen, and pet dander). Helps prolong the Life Span of HEPA filter
- BioGS HEPA filter: Traps airborne contaminants and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns (i.e. germs and viruses) removing up to 99.97% of nasty stuff from the atmosphere.
- Customized filter: You get to select. Options include “Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber”.
- Activated Carbon filter: for nasty odours and off-gassing (and smoke).
- Negative Ion Generator: Not actually a filter nonetheless it sparks negative ions and freshens the atmosphere.
These filters all work together to both guarantee the best indoor air and also help save you money. You don’t have to replace the filters so frequently. This interconnected system also reduces the buildup of pollutants (like dust mites, mould, pollen, and pet dander), reduces the buildup of viruses or bacteria on the filter, and also maintains the HEPA filter attempting to optimum efficacy. It’s just really a great and healthful system that ensures a clean home.
I think that the feature that I like the best is that this is a trendy, discreet unit which could be installed on the wall. It looks very much like a flatscreen television, not like some ugly appliance that is clearly an air purifier. You can leave it at the nursery, or even hang it in the family room for additional asthma and asthma coverage for the baby or get the entire family. And you may pick a customized filter that may best suit the health demands or your loved ones.
It’s a bit on the other side, with a starting price of $549.95, but should you have looked at the purchase price of replacement HEPA filters (as well as also the lack of warranties to get many components ) you are able to see just how cheap the Rabbit Air Minus A2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Ari Purifier is, and how it is the ideal choice for your family’s good health.
Here is a fast overview for people who just need the stats:
- The Rabbit Air Minus A2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Ari Purifier Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA 300 measures 24 x 23 x 10 inches and weighs only 23.9 lbs.
- It will clean the atmosphere in an area up to 700 square feet.
- Removes 99.97% of contamination within the room, down to 0.3 microns.
- It operates very gently — from 20.8 to 45.6 dB.
- It’s an Energy Star rated engine, plus it cycles two times per hour.
- It will remove pollutants in the air, like pollen mould, and pet dander.
- Customized filters may be purchased for your own machine that includes “Germ Defense”, “Pet Allergy”, “Odor Remover”, or”Toxin Absorber”.
- Energy Star rating
- Long HEPA-filter Life
- 5-year guarantee
- 24/7 service
- Not very portable
- Check the latest price
When concerns about your child’s allergies have prompted your search for the best air purifiers for babies, then a Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300 may be the response to your clean air requirements. The Honeywell HPA-300 was created to remove allergens and airborne particles in a bigger room (up to 465 sq. ft.).
Therefore, it will work in a huge nursery, a toddler or older child’s room — your own bedroom. As it’s simple to go around the unit, it can follow your infant from room to room (with a bit of assistance from you). If your baby falls asleep in your Mother’s lap when they’re using a great cuddle on the sofa, it’s possible to merely move the unit out of the nursery to the living room.
If your baby or child has allergies, then a clean atmosphere is important not only for their wellbeing, but for your peace of mind too. The Honeywell HEPA 300 air cleaner may remove around 99.7% of airborne particles (which would incorporate dust, mould, pollen, pet dander, germs, and dreadful scents ). Honeywell has made the HPA simple to operate, and also the system could be set on the floor, on a desk, and even next to the crib (or even your kid’s bed) since it is one of the quietest room air purifier available — even when operating at the highest rate!
The Honeywell HPA300 also features a carbon Pre-Filter that filters odours, smoke, and also larger particles, then a HEPA filter will trap around 99.7% of residual pollutants and contaminants –down to 0.3 microns. That is truly important because germs can be as small as 0.3 micron-or bigger – and most air compressors don’t trap anything bigger than 0.5 microns).
Ultimately, if you’re handling allergies from your child, and you also would like to avoid the sniffling, sneezing, pills, drugs, allergy evaluations or worse, asthma and other respiratory issues related to poor air, then you definitely should consider the Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300 air purifier. You can obtain it for roughly $197.81.
Here is a quick summary for those who just need the stats:
- The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300 measures 20.8 x 10.83 x 22.38 inches and weighs 9.4x 12.8 x 15.2 inches and weighs only 17 lbs.
- It’s going to clean out the atmosphere in a place around 465 square feet.
- Removes 99.97% of contaminants inside the room down to 0.3 microns.
- It operates very quietly, even at the highest rates.
- Energy Star rated, and cycles an amazing five times an hour.
- It will remove allergens from the air, such as household dust, dust mite debris, mould spores, pet dander, pollen, germs.
- Also, it has an odour reducing pre-filter.
- Removes up 99.7% of pollutants and pollutants out of the air.
- Cleans/filters air 5-times /hour
- Will clean up a room to 465sq. ft.
- Easily compacted device
- Very silent — even at maximum speed
- Energy Star rated
- Removes viruses and germs down to 0.3 microns
- Kind of big (20x10x22)
- Maybe not so attractive.
- Pre-filter has to be changed every three weeks
Vornadobaby Purio Nursery
The Vornadobaby Purio Nursery True HEPA air cleaner is a very good selection for the baby’s room or any room in your house that should get clean air. I recommend this unit for toddler’s room, for older kids’ rooms – even for adults who have breathing issues (or maybe are terrified of the dark).
The Vornadobaby Purio Nursery True HEPA air cleaner is just a really long name for a fantastic little air conditioner that will clean the air of pollutants, toxins, dust, and pet hair, allergens, and also all types of nasty smells. It’s got lots of great features that’ll give parents true reassurance when dealing with the air quality of their kid’s rooms. It comes with a “Joyful Parent” warranty.
The Purio air cleaner has a 3-stage filtration, therefore the air quality in the nursery will soon probably be amazingly good. It includes a washable Pre Filter, which is really brilliant! It is possible to pop out the filter, wash it, then pop it back in — with a sterile filter, so there isn’t any recirculation of germs, dust, or other contaminants. The system also includes an activated carbon filter, and finally the genuine HEPA filter. The 3-stage filtration removes up to 99.97% of contaminants within the space and filters out nasty odours – as, lets’ face it – the nursery or perhaps a toddler’s room can get kind of stinky sometimes. It has a sleeping mode and also a built-in glowing nightlight (which means you don’t trip over any toys in the middle of the night). It can all be preset and pre-programmed. Therefore, if your bundle of joy sleeps throughout the nighttime, you can too.
I would like to mention this: the VornadobabyPurio Nursery True HEPA Air Purifier is excessively well-designed. It is short (15.5 inches) with a wide base (12.8 inches) to keep it from leaning over (if helped by interested crawling and toddling babies) and all the buttons and controls are hidden. It has a tamper-resistant lock- because little kids enjoy pushing buttons. It’s currently available at Amazon for $129.99 with free delivery.
Here is a quick summary for folks who just need the stats:
- The Vornadobaby Purio Nursery True HEPA air cleaner measures 9.4 x 12.8 x 15.2 inches and weighs 10.15 pounds.
- It will wash a place up to 125 square feet. It removes 99.97% of contamination inside the room down to 0.3 microns.
- It’s white noise and sleeping mode settings utilize 71dB, and cycles 6.3 times an hour.
- It will remove pollutants in the atmosphere, such as household dust, dust mite debris, mould spores, pet dander, pollen, and may, additionally, capture most viruses.
- Purifies all the atmosphere in a room up to 125 sq. ft. 6.3 times per hour kid’s
- Wonderful Out-flow using 3 airflow configurations and annoyed mode
- Electronic Backlit Control panel (aka: night lighting )
- 5-year Joyful Parent Warranty
- Could be noisy at higher speeds and certainly will ensure that older kids stay awake
- It’s a big unit
- Does not always eliminate mature, established odours.
- Can’t be used as a lubricant.
The Airmega 300S – aka “The Smarter, App-Enabled Air Purifier”- really deserves more than a once over on your quest for the ideal air purifiers for babies– and the rest of your family.
The Airmega 300S is a standalone unit that weighs 27 lbs. Therefore, it is not something you’ll have to move from room to room in oreder to purify the atmosphere. It is an entire house unit that can purify air over up to 1256 sq. ft, and it could be controlled remotely through an iOS or even Android program. The program will even work with Amazon’s Alexa, and you’re able to utilize the Amazon Dash Replenishment system to be sure never to go out of filters or even needed supplies.
The Airmega 300s looks a lot like a place heater, but can be stylish and inconspicuous, so you don’t need to worry about it along with your supplying. It cleans 99.97% of pollutants, viruses, viruses, viruses, germs and odours from the home. It includes a washable pre-filter, which saves you money and can help you in your battle for a fresh atmosphere for the loved ones. In addition, it has got the Max2 filter, which is a joint carbon filter plus TRUE HEPA filter. These two filters together capture any particles from the atmosphere (down to 0.3 microns) and expel cooking or nursery odours. And it is silent.
One thing I love about the Airmega 300S is that it has an indoor/outdoor air monitor. If your son or daughter (or anyone in your family) has sensitive lungs, asthma, or allergies, even knowing what’s going on outside can be lifesaving. It is just a sad truth that in this era of greater smog and massive fires, the quality of air is most often hazardous for”sensitive bands .” And the ability to switch on the unit from your cell phone on the way home, or so the air is washed once you get there, is totally priceless.
Here’s a quick overview for those who just want the stats:
- The Airmega 300S measures 13.6 x 13.6 x 21.2 inches and weighs 21.4 pounds. It’s going to wash an area up to 1256 sq. ft (i.e. the whole house).
- It removes 99.97% of contamination in the room, down to 0.3 microns.
- It has a sleeping mode setting but is generally very quiet (Note: Most reviewers create very positive opinions about the quiet operation of the unit). Minimum decibels: 28 dB. Maximum decibels 52 dB (that is not so loud).
- Uses 57 watts of power plus also just isn’t Energy Star certified.
- It moves 340 CFM of air, cycling two times an hour.
- It will remove common allergens such as pollen and fungi, as well as cigarette smoking odour, food scents, harmful gasses, and volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) released by ordinary household solutions.
- Real-time air quality monitor
- Change filter alerts
- Smart mode performance and a built-in scheduler
- Cleans up to 1256 sq. ft. (therefore it is a whole-house unit)
- Con-Way IoCare mobile program (i-OS along with Android).
- Pre-filter should be kept clean for maximum efficacy
- Is large and boxy
- May not be easily transferred and could occupy a great deal of room in a little condo or apartment.
The AreaMax Baby DB5 HEPA Air Purifier for your baby’s room comes with a superstrong, odour-reducing, 4-stage air conditioning system that makes it among the greatest air purifiers for babies. Like many other air purifiers, it’s a HEPA filter and a carbon prefilter. Also, the AeraMax Baby also uses the “AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment” to safely remove 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. This means that this tiny but hard-working small guy eliminates 99.97% of airborne pollutants. It has been licensed by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
If your infant or toddler has allergies, sensitivity to a polluted atmosphere, or asthma, then your AeraMax could be the answer to all your worries. True to the name, it’s ultra-quiet and has a night mode with a dimmer light to aid your toddler’s or child’s sleep. You are going to have the ability to realize maximum air purity in a room up to 400 sq. ft. — so if your nursery remains next to your older child’s room, it is possible to wash both chambers at the exact identical moment. The carbon filter removes nasty odours, whereas the HEPA filter removes pollen, dust, pet dander, germs, microbes, smoke, and other pollutants.
The AeraMax Baby DB55 also will come with a child lock feature in the display panel, so little fingers can’t change the preferences and destroy your careful programming. (No more “Kids can’t do that. Can they?”) . In addition, it includes a “Filter Change” index to let you know when to improve the filters so there is just one less thing to stress about.
As it is a little unit (less than 10 pounds) it may readily be moved from room to room, wherever your baby is. So you don’t have to be concerned if your husband and your toddler both drift off on the easy chair in the living room: just pick the AeraMax inside and plug it in. It’s so silent, they won’t actually notice.
- Licensed from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- AeraSafe™ antimicrobial treatment
- AeraSmart feature automatically supports and monitors the atmosphere
- Child lock attribute on display feature
- Dimmer for sleeping style
- Just has two filters
- Carbon filter needs to be changed every three weeks
The Wynd air cleanser might be the most advanced and forward-thinking option whenever you looking for the best air purifiers for babies. Not only will you get yourself a small, efficient successful mobile air cleaner, you also get for yourself a removable quality of air tracker also, and — wait for it — a no-cost Kindle Book that will allow you to realize the clean air demands of your child and the rest of your family.
Quite impressive is the simple fact that the Wynd air cleanser was designed by an MIT graduate and father who figured out something which could protect their own baby daughter in her stroller. So if any members of your family suffer from asthma or allergies — even if they are allergic to pollutants or live within a place where smoke can be an issue — you finally have the alternative of taking your air purifier along with you.
The Wynd Air Purifier weighs 15.5 ounces — less than a pound – and therefore is highly portable. If the warm atmosphere is essential for you, or if it’s crucial for the overall wellbeing of your child, then you don’t have to be trapped in your home as a result of air-quality concerns. Even the Wynd Air Purifier could travel along with you and your kid. It’s possible to use it at the car, on a plane, on your child’s pre-school, take it with you to the grand mother’s house. You can even put it in an enclosed stroller. It cleans over almost 2.5 gallons (9 minutes ) of air per second and will produce a fine 3 ft. bubble of the filtered fresh atmosphere at all times.
If that’s inadequate, the Wynd air-purifier also has a detachable air-conditioning tracker that can go anywhere with you personally. It’s going to provide you with real-time alerts about your ecosystem. This can be totally lifesaving for households with allergies or even dangerous allergy symptoms. You’re able to get air quality data from the tracker, which means it is possible to make informed decisions concerning your child’s health. This is actually the best instrument for being able to make sure that you will have the purified air that you require for the family.
I am quite super impressed with the simple fact that it is possible to get this unit with you anywhere and consistently have the very best possible clean air for your own toddler or child. Just think about it: a wash, allergen and pollutant-free atmosphere in your vehicle, or any time you’ve got to visit a plane. The reassurance is absolutely invaluable
- Completely portable — will go everywhere with you
- Medical calibre filters
- Wynd app to get worldwide air quality info
- Light Weight
- Detachable Air Quality Tracker
- Automatically adjusts to the environment
- Cleans a limited area
- Only one filter
The PureZone e-lite Ultra-Quiet 4-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier is a very long name, also a mouthful whenever you are searching for the very best air purifiers for the babies. Therefore I’ll only call it the PureZone Elite and tell you that the unit truly is a very quiet unit. It is also a perfect air purifier for a normal- sized or moderate-sized nursery or child’s room. It’s rather affordable and can be lightweight enough to be moved easily from room to room. So, the fresh air you need to keep your baby healthy will always right where you want it, once you need it.
- Filters: The PureZone Elite has a 4-stage air purification procedure. It has an active-carbon pre-filter (for odours and massive contaminants) a True HEPA filter (for pollutants, bacteria, viruses), a UVC moderate to zap nasty germs, and also an ionizer (which isn’t a filter, however, helps purify the air by ionizing particles).
- Smart Air Quality Monitor: This screen features a colour-coded lighting system to alert one to the calibre of the air in your child’s room. It automatically adjusts the fan speed as needed. That is especially crucial during those days of wildfires and hazardous, even dangerous air. If pollutants find their way in your child’s room, the Smart Quality Monitor will adapt the fan speed so.
- Adjustable 3-Speed fan: it is possible to adjust the PureZone Elite into the speed that is going to be optimal for the area dimensions and the present air quality requirements.
- Intuitive Control Panel: lets you set the PureZone Elite timer for a 2, 4 or 6 hours cycle and also gives you the freedom to pick which filter you would like to make use of.
- Sleep style: Set it and forget it
The PureZone e-lite Ultra-Quiet 4-in-1 True HEPA air cleaner can be the perfect solution to the air-purification demands of your kid or your family. It is lightweight, with a compact, unobtrusive design that means it can be mix almost any décor. It does all that the higher-priced models do, however, at an amount of approximately $149.99, it won’t violate your bank. It’s going to provide you with peace of mind and give your baby a healthier start in life. Of course, if asthma and allergies are an issue, this hardworking unit can help everybody else in your home sleep better during the night time — and breathe better during the day.
Here is a fast overview for people who just want the stats:
- The PureZone e-lite Ultra-Quiet 4-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier measures 9 x 7 x 25 inches and weighs 9.3 pounds.
- It’ll clean the air in an area up to 190 square feet.
- Removes 99.97% of contaminants within the room down to 0.3 microns.
- It operates very quietly, at significantly less than 60 dB. Also, it has a sleeping mode.
- Power levels: 120V, 60Hz, 46W. It has a three-speed setting and can be programmed to run for 2, 4 or 8 hours.
- It’ll remove dust, odour from smoke, mould spores, and pet dander.
- Eliminates 99.97percent of contaminates (as little as 0.3 microns)
- Automated timer and adjustable settings let you control utilization and conserve energy
- Lightweight — easy to manoeuvre from room to room
- Smart Air Quality Monitor
- Will only clean up to 190 sq. ft.
- Both carbon filter and HEPA filter need to be changed
Assessing your Requirements
Dad and Mom — you will want to generate a fast needs-assessment when looking for the best air purifier for your baby or child. Do you need a purifier for only the nursery? Do you want an air conditioner for the child’s room, or for the whole property? If you are seeking something for your child’s room, you really will need exactly the same amount of purification?
After all, though we need the very best air possible for our youngsters we need them to build up their immunity by letting them get confronted with a few contaminants. And think about the noise level? (Note: no matter what your Mom or your own friends state, babies do not mind the sound. They dwelt in a highly noisy atmosphere for 9 months) We expect our parent-friendly reviews can create these vital decisions a good deal more complicated for you.