Scrambled eggs are a very easy-to-prepare meal you can prepare every week, and that’s because they cook up in no time. Heck, you can even cook them on a very busy morning and enjoy them right away. Eggs qualify very much as a meal. Eggs are loaded with protein, and they are very cheap too!
Table of Contents
- Can You Meal Prep Scrambled Eggs?
- Benefits of Meal Preparing Scrambled Eggs
- How Long Can Prep Meal Scrambled Eggs Last?
- How Do I Make Easy Scrambled Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs with Sausage
- Scrambled Eggs with French Onions
- Additional Tips On Meal Preparing Your Scrambled Eggs
- How To Choose Meal Prep Containers
- How To Reheat Meal Prep Scrambled Eggs
- Final Words
Can You Meal Prep Scrambled Eggs?
Yes, you can meal prep your scrambled eggs, and as a matter of fact, you should do just that because it will save you so much time. Instead of making scrambled eggs every morning, you can easily make a lot of them once and put in your fridge. All you will then have to do in the morning or anytime you want some is to simply heat up the portion you want!
Benefits of Meal Preparing Scrambled Eggs
Eggs are Filled with Nutrients:
Eggs are loaded with protein, fats and essential vitamins. How else to start your day?
Easiest Meal Ever:
Breakfast, lunch or for a snack, eggs won’t let you down. Scrambled eggs are the very perfect breakfast for busy mornings, especially when prep made! Do you know that you can also add an egg to your dinner meal plan? Yes, you very well can. Preparing your scrambled egg ahead of time helps you take care of a couple of your meals.
No Expertise Required:
Eggs are very easy and quick to make. There’s no rocket science in making fluffy and nice scrambled eggs. Your family can even help in gathering the egg burritos just to safe time.
How Long Can Prep Meal Scrambled Eggs Last?
Prep meal scrambled eggs in your fridge can last for five to seven days without spoiling. And they will still remain nice, light and fluffy. So don’t be afraid to grab your fork and dig in on the seventh day, it won’t gag you. Of course you have to heat it.
You should add some herbs to your scrambled eggs. They are quite good and healthy and will also serve as salad for you eggs.
How Do I Make Easy Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs are very easy to make. They cook very quickly and hence you can overcook it in a matter of seconds. Good scrambled eggs, need to be cooked low and slow.
Here are different ways to make good scrambled eggs;
The first I’m going to talk about is so delicious that you can not avoid to miss out on it;
- Set your pan on medium low and let it heat for few minutes.
- Crack your egg in a bowl, add lemon and whisk very well
- Add butter into the heated pan and allow it to coat.
- Add the whisked eggs to the pan and leave it. You can start stirring it only once the edges of the eggs start separating from the pan, before then, please don’t stir.
- You can use a spoon to fold the eggs over on themselves and allow it to cook.
- When the egg is almost done, add a little garlic salt to it. This step is optional.
- Turn off your cooker and allow the egg to stay in the pan for a few minutes.
Here comes another one of my favorites;
- Crack two or any amount of eggs you want, in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water. The water is going to help make the egg nice, light and fluffy. You can also substitute the water for cream if you prefer a creamy and richer egg.
- Use a fork and lightly mix the egg white, egg yolk and the water together. Don’t whisk it to death!
- Add 1tablespoon of coconut oil, butter or olive oil to your pan and allow to heat on medium-low heat.
- Add in the eggs once the oil has melted and you have a nice thin coating on your pan
- Sprinkle just a pinch of salt
- Don’t touch it until you see the outside of the eggs setting, then gently pull the edges of the egg towards the center using a spoon; the uncooked egg oozes out and this light fluffy coats of egg starts to form.
- Keep moving it. Right before your eggs are the way you like them, turn off the heat and allow the egg to sit in the pan for some minutes. This is to prevent your scrambled eggs from going bad right before your eyes! It only take seconds for you to overcook your scrambled eggs.
Check this out with chopped spring onions:
- Crack 3 eggs into a pan
- Add butter and olive oil to it. The olive oil here is optional
- Put it on fire, medium-low fire and stir it
- Leave it to cook for five minutes before turning off the gas.
- Add some cream, seasoned and chopped spring onions and turn. Yummy! Your scrambled eggs are ready.
Ever thought of adding broccoli to your scrambled eggs? Try this and let me know how it was!
- Heat a little bit of oil on a pan
- Add garlic, this is optional.
- Add broccoli, cut in small sizes and allow it to cook.
- Crack your eggs and add some milk to it. You can also add cream to your egg if you want them richer or water if you want them a little less richer.
- Whisk the egg thoroughly
- Add the egg to the pan, once the broccoli is cooked, turn and leave it
- Add salt, pepper and season for flavor
- Turn off the gas as soon as the egg solidifies.
Scrambled Eggs with Sausage
Where are my sausage lovers!
- Cut the sausage into tiny bits and fry it up for a little while
- Add chopped green
- Crack your egg inside it and stir
- Season it just before it is completely cooked.
Scrambled Eggs with French Onions
- First melt butter in a pan
- Add sliced onions and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, watch out for when the onions turn a nice brown color, then you are ready to continue
- Add some thyme. Leave to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add your egg mixture and scramble them together.
- Season it and add sliced French onions before turning off your burner.
Do you know that you can meal prep your scrambled eggs with only the egg whites? Yes you can. This is how to do it;
- Gather your ingredients, which include egg white, spices, ham and spinach.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, make sure to remove the egg yolk.
- Add salt and pepper to the egg white and whisk.
- Add the egg white with all the ingredients in a pan and allow to cook for some minutes.
- Turn off the burner and allow your egg white scramble to cool.
Additional Tips On Meal Preparing Your Scrambled Eggs
- When you are done preparing your scrambled eggs, no matter the method your choose to use, allow it to totally cool and then put it in a prep meal container which is air-tight. When you want to eat, just dish out a portion and heat for few seconds, the butter used in making the scrambled egg helps it heat up well.
- Guess what? You can also choose to freeze your scrambled eggs.
- You can also use cast iron to make scrambled eggs. You will, however, have to increase the amount of butter you use.
- You can get meal prep containers in grocery stores. You can also get it online.
How To Choose Meal Prep Containers
If you are planning to start preparing meals ahead of time, then you need quality meal prep containers, which will help keep your food fresh in your fridge.
You can either choose between plastic or glass meal prep containers and I assure you that whichever one you go for is okay. Let’s look at the features of the different meal prep containers.
Features of Plastic Meal Prep Containers
- Plastic meal prep containers are inexpensive
- They are not heavy
- Easy to grab and eat from
- They come in different sizes and shapes
- Plastic meal prep container can be recycled.
Features of Glass Meal Prep Containers
- They are expensive, but durable
- They are not so easy to grab and eat from
- They are very easy to clean
- They don’t constitute harm to the environment
- Because it’s glass it very easy to reheat the food inside it with it.
How To Reheat Meal Prep Scrambled Eggs
- Get the eggs out of the fridge.
- Add a little butter or oil to a pan and heat it using medium heat
- Put the scrambled eggs inside the hot pan and turn till it becomes warm.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and serve immediately.
Meal preparation is very beneficial, it’s saves us much needed time. Yes, scrambled eggs might be easy to make, but there are times we just don’t have enough time. This is one of the reasons you should consider meal-prepping your scrambled eggs.
There are so many delicious and tasty ways of preparing scrambled eggs. Check out my list above. Try a new one today and let me know what your experience was.